Our group have made adventures based around one spell ingredient, or even just hunting one particular animal/beast (sometimes in combination of the spell ingredient quests ;)
Spell ingredients list
Do the players or even an NPC need a giants scalp or pint of dragon blood, or some giant spider venom? great ideas to work into a scenario
The number of brilliant and diverse creatures in WFRP 1st ed Bestiary is incomparable. The details and lore surrounding some of these creatures is enough to build a frame work for an interesting adventure.
- Perhaps hunting a troll, rumoured to be roaming the wilds near a dwarf mining camp. Perhaps it simply has been raiding their coffers? maybe eating poor miners, even their rocks/minerals? hmm a troll with treasure inside it? or has it melted in that acidic stomach of his?
- Based on where a creature is found, can be used to lead players into lands/areas which they are unfamiliar with, as well as offering exciting new creatures to fight - keeps it interesting.
Use the PCs careers in a believable way. It uses their character/their background to make quests that are more engaging for the party.
- Is there a druid? work the re-dedication/protection of a stone circle into an adventure, and the experience will be richer and more meaningful.
- Are characters pasts going to catch up with them? were they once in an outlaw gang?
- Are most of your party elves? dwarfs? how does their race simply inspire an adventure with a personal twist?
Picking an unexplored area of a world map provides a sense of excitement and exploration as you can send the players to a town where they;
- Speak differently/have different customs, the players are culturally offending them?
- Dont like the predominant race of the party? lots of opportunity for conflict there...